14 November 2012

Speaking of Sage

I was, yesterday... I found some sage advice (actually more of a cool quote) in that inflight magazine as well. It was a beautiful story about forgiveness (The Heart of Darkness) and the quote that stuck with me most was this:

“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
(Nelson Mandela)



Ain't that the truth?

"Nursing a grudge means holding onto anger, and prolonged anger spikes heart rate, lowers immune response, and floods the brain with neuro-transmitters that impede problem solving and stir depression."

Whoa! I know it's not an easy thing to do but it's the only way to go on with your life and let the "offenders" (sometimes it's just a perceived offense where none was intended and people will take that with them to their graves) go on with their's as well.

I pray that everyone who reads this will find it in their hearts to let go of past hurts and resentment and come back to life again, becoming more optimistic and freeing yourself from that dreadful resentment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!