10 November 2012

Late Night

Sadly, it was not with David Letterman...but we did get close.


We dined at Angelo's Pizza tonight and that area - near Times Square - makes me very sad...

Lots of lost souls and unhappiness and bright lights.  The first bit of sadness was a very scantily clad young girl clutching onto a young boy for warmth as he talked on his cell phone. I saw 2 young Asian girls being carried/dragged by a group because they could not stand up by themselves. I also saw a young man passed out on the corner and when we came back by, 6 police officers were cuffing him. It was a bit too real tonight. This is the NY that they didn't show us on Friends, Mad About You, Seinfeld and Sex and the City. Well, maybe on that last one...

It wasn't a totally depressing day, just for a few minutes before dinner. Earlier in the evening after class, we took a cab ride to The Carlyle to meet up with a friend of mine and her daughter before we went to the Met.

Cab Ride to The Carlyle
Mr Cab Driver (Lenny Kravitz) was playing in my head until the cabbie opened the door to spit in the street ...gross!

Cosmos with Rebecca @ Bemelman's
Cosmos at Bemelman's (in The Carlyle)

That was a nice time, catching up with friends, while listening to wonderful piano player. And the Met was nice too.



And this morning Christina and I hoofed it over to Rockefeller Plaza to try to get on the Today Show. This is a picture of us and the very artistic sign I made yesterday in preparation for our big moment. We not only got on camera, but we were there when Taylor Lautner came out to greet the crowd!!! That was a nice surprise! I am not a big Twilight fan, but if I were, I'd be on Team Jacob.

CIMG4270

CIMG4280

We had lunch at the Plaza Food Hall too.



Tsaziki, Hummus and Baba Ghanoush with Pita Chips

It was a packed and fun day exploring the city, looking at art, eating wonderful food and catching up, but this girl is ready to be home.

Catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!