- Revival (Stephen King)
Go Set a Watchman (Harper Lee)
- The Dread Crew: Pirates of the Backwoods (Kate Inglis) I think I pre-bought this book from the author in 2009. It's on my nightstand now ready to go.
- The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
- The Artist's Way (Julia Cameron)
- Life of Pi (Yann Martel) I have seen the movie and think I'd enjoy the read.
- The Road Less Traveled (M. Scott Peck)
- The History of Love (Nicole Kraus)
- Conversations with God (Neil Donald Walsch) I actually got this book from a good friend back in 1999. I read bits here and there and then shelved it. Will have to read it now that it's on my list!
The Giving Tree (Shel Silverstein)Loved it! And will read it again many times to my kiddos.
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)
- Sophie's World (Jostein Gaarder)
The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)-I started listening to this book but I lost interest. It goes way deep into the women of the Bible and goes on for long times about the names and lineage. Might come back to it, but I doubt it.
- So Much for That (Lionel Shriver)
- We Need to Talk about Kevin (Lionel Shriver)
- The Harbinger (Jonathan Cahn)
- Growing Yams in London (Sophia Acheampong)
- The Women Who Heard Color (Kelly Jones)
- The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
- Addicted (Zane)
- The Seven Minute Difference (Allyson Lewis)
- My Name is Memory (Ann Brashares)
- A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
- What Alice Forgot (Liane Moriarty)
- Return to Love (Marianne Williamson)
Room (Emma Donoghue)Saw the movie instead 3/19/2016. Might read the book someday.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein)
- The Book of Lost Things (John Connolly)
Atlas, Shrugged (Ayn Rand)Fini 9/16/16 finally!!!!
- The Giver (Lois Lowry)
- Strangler Vine (M.J.Carter)
- The Opposite of Loneliness (Marina Keegan)
- Primates of Park Avenue (Wednesday Martin)
- Thinking Fast, and Slow (Daniel Kahneman)
- The Road to Character (David Brooks)
- Whistling Vivaldi (Claude Steele)
- Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town (John Krakauer)
- Bill Bryson’s Earth: A short history of nearly everything (Bill Bryson)
- All the Light We Cannot See (Anthony Doerr)
- Fates and Furies: A Novel (Lauren Groff)
- The Art of Peace (Morihei Ueshiba)
- The Book of Memory (Petina Gappah)
Center Ring (Nicole Waggoner)10/3/2016 Running with Scissors (Augusten Burroughs)Read on my commute to work. This was sad and funny and maybe one day I will watch the movie. Maybe. 4/01/2016 One More Thing (B.J. Novak)Loved this book, especially the part about how BJ and friends read it to me on my commute to work. 3/26/2016
- The Sympathizer (Viet Thanh Nguyen)
- Boundaries of the Wind (Narendra Desai)
- And Then You're Dead:What Really Happens If You Get Swallowed by a Whale, Are Shot from a Cannon, or Go Barreling over Niagara (Cassidy/Doherty)
- The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince (Mayte Garcia)
- The Act (Nicole Waggoner)
What to Read
I am putting my reading list out here to consolidate books from my Blackberry, my blog and e-mails I've sent to myself. Please feel free to suggest more!