07 October 2014

Va-Va-Vanilla!!!

Vanilla is my favorite go-to scent and flavor.  Sure, I love me some chocolate, but vanilla finds its way into way more recipes around here, and this year I wanted to make some good quality vanilla for Christmas gifts.

Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Extract Made with Brandy [Note: This would be nice sipped from a glass with a giant ice cube!]

I wasn't planning on making extract with brandy, but that is what we had on hand when I decided this past weekend that I needed to get started ASAP to have the extract ready for Christmas. I will make the rest as soon as I can get my hands on some vodka. I may splurge and get more bottles so that I can make even more to gift.

Untitled
Baby Girl Helps the Vanilla Beans Mix with Alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!