20 April 2018

Recovery (Part 2)

IMG_20180331_2136539
I loved these cute little round feet!
I did not get pictures of the refurbished feet when they were still detached.  I only removed the fabric from one of the feet so that I could have a template for the fabric. I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric to each of the feet before stapling the fabric down. The feet were not perfect, but I was not going to sweat it because they are under the couch, not very visible.

After I removed the back panel from the couch, I used it as a guide to cut the new fabric. I reused the top frame and tack strips from the sides. I wasn't sure if my amateur reverse engineering reuse of hardware would work at this point.

IMG_20180331_2226325

I still love the stripes, but am glad that my new fabric was solid or I'd be crazy now!

IMG_20180331_2246242

After the back panel and feet were prepped, it was time to add some padding and get to stapling.

Adding Some Padding

This part was more fulfilling -- seeing the couch come together. I spent the next few evenings stapling, stretching and stuffing.

Before this point, I considered setting the couch out for Big Trash day a couple of times. And just as I hit my stride, I realized I was not going to have enough material to cover the frame of the couch, let alone make the cushions. Ugh!

I need to finish this but I want a nap!I

I was concerned that the fabric I got on sale in February (40% off) was going to be gone so I beelined up to Joann's and was relieved to find a bolt of suede plum still there and still 40% off!

I used a manual staple gun so this process was slow going, but I was working inside the house at some people's bedtimes so I wanted to be a little quieter. Next time I'll use the pneumatic stapler!

IMG_20180420_2134305

After I got the frame done and Scott helped me put the feet back on, I had to figure out how to handle the cushions...

Next part >>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!