04 June 2024

Q: What's Growing On...

A-Existing: Fredonia grapes, hops, figs, lemongrass (overwintered in my front bed and was relocated to the chicken run border), lilacs, peonies, roses, hydrangeas (successfully propagated), butterfly weed

A-new to the garden: My Chaos Garden is a bust as far as I can tell. I dusted the area with the seeds given to me and I got bupkis. Part of the problem is that we dug around in the same area to set up a post (reusing segments of an old flag pole) for a shade sail for the pond and the seeds may have been buried a little too deep in the end. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have 2 peanut plants surviving currently from the 9 or so peanuts that I sowed! The squirrels feasted on most of what I put in the ground. 

  Peanut Plants

And there's Starflower (borage) growing in several places in the yard. 

PXL_20240529_173203389

My sunflowers make me so happy that I think I will plant MOAR soon to keep this going on...

PXL_20240529_173229053

I am growing turmeric and ginger in plant bags and a bunch of random herbs and flowers in the cinder blocks that surround the chicken run. These chicks make me happy! And so does that goofy dog who is learning to love the chicks, not harass/herd them...

PXL_20240529_173308550

Potatoes and zucchini have been growing from the compost, and I have a few different tomato plants fruiting currently. I also have some purple teepee beans growing. I'm not done experimenting yet, but I am trying to focus on filling in spots with tons of herbage.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!