22 April 2014

How It Panned Out for Me

Well, I thought the cake turned out nice. And while I liked the chocolate fudge frosting paired with the lemony cake, I think I'd prefer a lighter frosting next time, maybe a lemony buttercream? The family ate it up so it was definitely a hit.

Lemon Fudge Cake


And the floral arrangement was ok. I think the Robin Egg candy base took away from the beautiful tulips, azalea and irises. Maybe I should have filled the base with Jolly Rancher jelly beans? Probably just some water would have been better...

Easter Floral
Eh...


The kids were up at the buttcrack of dawn on Easter. The Easter Bunny had been to our house and hidden the eggs that the kids had dyed. And of course the bunny left some goodies for the kids.

Easter Basket
Nice variety of goodies...
I was happy to see that each basket - while pretty AND functional - was not filled to the brim with sweets. Everyone got survivor bracelets complete with whistles, and savory and sweet treats. Emi got a cool tank with "Blessed" across the front and the Little Ones got Easter Story activity books. Mom and Dad got some cool coconut truffles too.

I failed to get a family picture of everyone dressed up.

David was dressed in a white linen shirt and gray skinny jeans from Gap and gray Vans

Aubri wore a precious purple and white striped dress from Gap


Daddy wore Gap khakis and a blue & white striped shirt. Emi had already changed into 'play' clothes here.
I got Emi a pretty striped knit dress (at Gap, I hate the mall so it was one-stop shopping for me) but she found a cuter dress later when she was at the mall and wore that to church. I will have to snap a family picture another time...

I wore a very comfy aquamarine shirt with some old white Levis that I trimmed into capris. I know, classy, huh? I felt like I was dressed for the beach...

Pensive Selfie

Easter weekend was such a nice weekend with soccer games and yard work and family time. I might sound like a broken record but it went by too fast...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!