20 February 2012

How'd You Guys Get Up Here?

Today has been such a c-o-o-o-o-l-d day. I had a few things on my To-Do list but I chucked it once I spent a few chilly moments outside. I got the kids off to their activities, then I ran to pick up Emi's orthotics. After that I tried to shop for some charcoal shoes (boots or strappy leather shoes that I can wear with dresses and jeans, something versatile). Anyway, after not finding anything remotely like what I want at the first store, and getting chilled from being out in the cold wind I decided to grab some Chick-Fil-A and head to the warmth of my home. I was sad thinking about how Kirby would not be there to greet me when I got there so I tried to think of something that would make me smile. This always does the trick...

Luckily we had yesterday, glorious yesterday. We went to Sam's for a quick trip after church and then we got outside and enjoyed the day. Well, I enjoyed it as much as I could with the weeds in my yard. I pulled 2 lawn bags worth of weeds and I am not done yet.

Aubri Helping Me Pull Weeds
Mother's Little Helper
I was going to jump back in today for some yard work, but my motivation is gone now. I may plant some seeds in the sun room or I may just bake some pumpkin banana nut bread and do some shoe shopping online instead...

Saturday morning, the kiddos wanted pancakes, so I decided to pack them with more flavor and nutrients by adding some pumpkin puree and mashed bananas (on sale at Natural Grocers because they were getting a bit ripe). As Rachel would say, O My Gravy! Those pancakes were so yummy. So I have some overripe bananas and half a can of pumpkin puree left...might as well make that bread. Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!