13 February 2012

The Comforts of Home

I was hoping for a full on snow day today and technically it did snow on this day! It was so pretty and peaceful outside, even at 5AM when I was checking to see if my workplace was opening up on time. I saw a 2 hour delay posted on the news and oh how I wish I would have been sleeping that entire time. I spent a good deal of time making sure that it was really okay to go in late. My old boss used to call us to let us know about inclement weather delays but at my new workplace we just check the status online...

So back to my "snow day"! ;.( I didn't have time to play in the snow or even snap any pictures... I drove Salty to work because I was worried that Beulah (the Buick) would slip slide all over the place. And because I had a little extra time to get to work this morning, I took the kids to school and headed to my office with a that extra time to spare. Good thing I did too because it was so slippery out there. There were trucks and cars stuck off on the side of the road and I was almost part of an accident when driver of the car in front of me stopped to rubberneck another accident. Needless to say, I had to pry my left hand off the wheel when I finally got to my parking lot. I am hoping that the melting snow doesn't refreeze tonight making it another white knuckle drive to work.

Ah tonight. I prepared an Indian themed dinner tonight: Roasted Tomato Hummus (I told you I would!), Curry Chicken and Sauteed Spinach with garlic. Ok, so the last one isn't quite Indian (maybe a bastardized version of Palak Paneer?), but it's soooo good!

Roasted Tomato Hummus with Curry Naan
This was really good, but next time I will use more roasted tomatoes - can you see the golden grape tomatoes in there? (I couldn't see them but I could taste them...)

Yummy Indian Dinner
Comforting Indian Food

Speaking of Good Things, I can't wait until we get our own Trader Joe's! I could get used to this:

Trader Joe's Wine
Lovely Wine Selection

and this:

Trader Joe's Appetizers
I see many things to reverse engineer in there!
Hope tonight finds you warm and full of yummy comforting food, my friends! Until next time, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!