29 September 2024

Water Glassing Fresh Eggs

PXL_20240926_230337949.MP

We've been getting 8-10 eggs daily lately from our sweet girls. We've been sharing them with friends and family, but I wanted to try out a method of preserving the eggs that I've read about, but never tried before - water glassing. 

I added 1 ounce pickling lime into this jar and filled it halfway with filtered water. After I mixed in the lime well, I added eggs, one at a time, pointy side down (as best as I could with the aid of a spoon). I managed to get 10 eggs into the jar and then I put the lid on it.

Lime in Filtered Water 10 fresh eggs in lime water Lid on

The jar is safely down in the basement where it can hang for a spell and we'll check on her in a few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!