10 July 2018

Playcation Day 2

The next day would be a little different. Emi didn't want to go to the beach with us, so we gave her a pass. I was tired and a little sunburned so I thought I might stay home too, but we were meeting my cousins, so I bucked up. My mom convinced us to drive her old car that had been sitting a while. She replaced the battery while we were on the ocean the day before and that was about it. I still wanted to take our reliable car, but she and Scott said there was more room in her car for the gear. I lost that battle.

Note: She didn't tell us that the A/C wasn't working in her car until after we loaded up and were driving down the driveway.

20180710_122140


On the way to the beach, the front right tire starting bouncing around so we had to stop to replace it. We contacted AAA for help, but they seemed to not be able to comprehend where we even were, even though we gave the exact location. Really? In this day and age?

We didn't hold out much hope that they would show so after finally finding the jack (not where it was supposed to be), we changed that tire and were on our way!

On the way to the beach...

We made it to the beach and the kids played with their cousins in the water, but I was tired and sunburned and didn't venture far from under the pavilion. And I didn't take many pictures either. I feel bad about that...

20180710_132359_HDR

20180710_134450

20180710_140316_HDR

20180710_140512

20180710_140826

On the way home, the 2 back tires started bouncing around and we had to drive super slow on the highway to avoid a blow out. You can imagine how the people commuting home after a long day at work felt about that. Oh well.  We made it home and I hope everyone in the car learned some lessons about car maintenance!

Emi had the day that I should have had. Air conditioned trip to the mall. Uninterrupted P.F. Chang lunch and access to TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!