17 December 2009

Favorite Christmas tunes

Good Old Standbys:
Pretty Paper - Willie Nelson
Please Come Home for Christmas - The Eagles
Greensleeves (A Charlie Brown Christmas) - Vince Guaraldi
Blue Christmas - Elvis (Nicole Atkins does a nice version on the Hotel Cafe presents Winter Songs)
Up on the House Top - Jackson 5
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
Feliz Navidad

New favorite Christmas songs:
Frosty the Snowman - Fiona Apple
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Jack Johnson
Donde Esta Santa Claus - Straight No Chaser
White Christmas - Michael Buble
Mistletoe - Colbie Caillat
I'll Be Home for Christmas - Holly Conlan

I previewed the songs from The Hotel Cafe presents Winter Songs and really liked them, but later when Scott previewed them at home, many of the songs sounded like something you'd want to hear whilst crying in your beer...Hauntingly Beautiful. Guess my favorite Christmas songs are about the blues or angst or emotion (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) My favorite song on this album is Frosty by Fiona! I totally recommend purchasing this album...and maybe listening to it with a little spirited nog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!