04 July 2017

Tacking and Jibing

Sailing takes me away to where I've always heard it could be 
Just a dream and the wind to carry me 
And soon I will be free



A couple of weeks ago we went sailing with David's friend and his dad. It was a middle of the week perfect excuse to play hooky! Scott and I used to sail a little before we started our family, so it'd been a while...

015

The captain of the boat and his second mate (Look at me acting like I know so much about the sailing terms!) made some repairs to the wind-torn sail and we were taking her out to see if the repairs held. They did!

Repaired
#repaired #ducttape #gorillaglue #stitches #spit

022

032

The boys each took a turn at the helm and it was smooth sailing... really!

081

There were a few times when the boat seemed like it might tip over, but we were in good hands. Occasionally we had to hug the deck to  keep from getting hit by the boom, but most of the time was spent relaxing with the wind in our hair.

051
Enjoying the breeze...

114

An Old Irish Blessing 
May the road rise up to meet you. 
May the wind always be at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face, 
and rains fall soft upon your fields. 
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!