This time, I started the messy work in the basement near and over the sink so that I would not have to scrape dried flour/glue residue from the floor afterwards like last year. It worked out much better for me for clean up. I found a roll of newspaperish paper in our craft supplies and used that as the first layer to try to make it crunchy.
|First layer of papier-mache dried|
For the second layer, I used more tissue paper to cover the cardboard to make it crunchy. I was hoping to make it easier to break...
|Second layer of papier-mache|
|In need of accessorizing...|
I found some coolaroo shade material in the sun room and together with some toothpicks, made a little canopy for the camper. Using cardboard and purple duct tape, I fashioned some steps. I painted on windows and the door and called it a day.
|Crude, maybe, but my baby girl loved it...|