24 October 2013

Orange you glad...

...it's pumpkin season?

I am loving the chevron trend!
Here in the Morgan household we have been adding pumpkin into many things in an effort to up the nutrient density of the meal and also, enjoy more PUMPKIN!

I added pumpkin into a cornbread recipe and served it with some turkey chili that was enhanced with pumpkin. Turkey cooked with lots of garlic, garbanzo beans, roasted tomatoes and pumpkin and cinnamon...Yum!

Pumpkin Cornbread
This cornbread was definitely not dried out...

Pumpkin Chili and Pumpkin Cornbread
And it was perfect on top of the turkey pumpkin chili!
And this last dish was full of squash too. Sometimes my family forgets pumpkin is a squash but it counts. I added a can of pumpkin into the Italian sausage and tomato sauce and it was served over roasted spaghetti squash mixed with cottage cheese and nutritional yeast. I added some mozzarella to the top and let it get gooey under the broiler..

Spaghetti Squash Bake (with Meat Sauce, Cottage Cheese and Nutritional Yeast)
It was divine and comforting...

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I've never tried or thought to cook with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Melissa! You won't regret it!

      Delete

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!