20 March 2012

Vernal Equinox

Today at 12:14am winter was officially over in Oklahoma and while I was sad that we didn't get any snow days this past winter, I am looking forward to springtime. And praying that we don't have an extreme summer like last year...

In addition to flowers, I am hoping to get some strawberries, watermelon, kabocha squash, tomatoes, snap peas, kale, cauliflower, basil and cilantro and hopefully some hops for Scott's home brew.

So far I'm very pleased with what I am finding in our yard.

Lavender, Tulips & Aubri
My lavender grows back thicker each year...

It's Spring!
Snacking on apples and sniffing tulips

I am so happy that our tulips are thriving! It was only 4 months ago that we planted the bulbs and because it didn't get really cold, I was worried that they wouldn't bloom.

First Rose Bloom 2012
First  Knockout Rose Bloom
Remember 6 months ago when things were starting to cool down just a bit?

Moved Borders
September 2011


010-crop
Vernal Equinox 2012
Welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!