03 August 2011

Hot! Hot! Hot!

My sweet baby girl wore her swim suit to school (she pronounces it "cool") today for some water play. Good for her too because today is the hottest day so far this year and it's been really, really hot here lately. This suit is from last summer and I don't think the bottoms ever recovered from her Extreme Diaper Wearing in Lake Thunderbird.  Doesn't she look so sweet?

Today I met my husband for lunch at the Grand Opening of Cajun King.  They were serving free food all day long and the parking lot was full when I got there. People were leaving because there were no seats left but they were still letting people get plates of food from the buffet. I was worried that we'd be standing outside in the heat eating (and we would because it's that good) but then I spotted a good friend of mine and his wife seated in a booth! This friend is the one who supplies me with his home made wine for the Lake Party Sangria! Lucky for us they had just enough space for us to join them. My favorite part of the meal (besides the company) was the freshly fried catfish that the servers brought to the table (along with beignets and sweet tea, oh my!). The catfish was so yummy with a sort of cinnamon/coconut taste and the gravy that came with was so good too. Will definitely have to go back to do more research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!