27 February 2010

Fish and Chips

This month I've seen Kale Chip postings all over the blogosphere at places such as Not Martha, Gluten Free Girl and The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen so I HAD to try them. We've been trying to incorporate more nutrient dense foods into our diets and Kale is one we've cooked with beans and loved. Emi and I rinsed off our kale, cut out the ribs and chopped the leaves into smaller "chips" and patiently dried them with paper towels before rubbing them with olive oil and baking for 15 minutes at 300 degrees. We salted them immediately out of the oven and munched the first batch while waiting for the Chilean Sea Bass to finish baking. One head of Kale satisfied the 3 of us. I'm sorry I don't have pictures but the other sites listed about have some really pretty photos of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!