26 March 2024

Hope Springs Eternal 🤞

This year I'm trying to grow a few new things in the yard, like borage, zinnias, turmeric and peanuts! I didn't know that peanuts grew in Oklahoma! 

I also have (fingers crossed) a Chaos Pollinator Garden sowed with random seeds given to me by a friend. I am stoked about that and the frog fruit transplant that he gave me as well. 


Borage, Salvia, Feverfew, Yarrow, Basil, ???

I have the typical plants coming back in the yard: day lilies, daffodils, crocus, naked ladies, tulips, purple tradescantia, hops, peonies and hydrangea babies!

Hydrangea Propagation (2 years ago)

Hydrangea Propagation (2 years ago)

Hydrangea Propagation (2 years ago)

Lilac

Creeping Jenny

Last year I bought a Japanese Maple and in the pot, there were a couple of ground cover plants. I planted the whole lot on the East side of the house and the location I picked was not ideal and I almost killed her last summer. I recently relocated her to a shadier spot in the other yard next to an impulse buy hydrangea that I "rescued" from the grocery store. The ground covers survived so I hope they like it in their current digs.

And last year I also planted some sunflowers and was never able to harvest any seeds. I think bunnies or squirrels got to the flowers before anything truly exciting happened. I put them in a different location a little further from the fence, so we'll see.

Random Sunflower Seedlings

We've had the grapes for 7 years now and hopefully I didn't prune them too intensely this last time. They seem to be able to take my pruning.


Fredonia Grape

Fredonia Grape

Pomegranate

My sweet pomegranate that I've grown from seed was lovingly planted near the sun room last Fall to deal with the elements. It was growing well until the frost a few weeks ago. I thought she was gone until I noticed a little life springing up... You grow, girl!

And I discovered some teeny, tiny carrots from my October garden which didn't yield anything after being starved from sunlight and air for a period of time. They were covered with leaves and dud pecans from the alley...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!