07 September 2018

Gingerly

Butterfly Ginger Root (3 dozen)

My mom sent me 3 dozen Butterfly Ginger plants back in June. I didn't expect so many roots, so I didn't have a bed ready for them. I had to do some major rearranging in The Long Bed.



The l-o-n-g bed!
Bendy Picture of the Long Bed
It took a couple of days for me to prepare the bed. I had to relocate some peonies. I hope I didn't kill them in the process. They are in a sunnier location and they are divided up, so fingers crossed! I also transplanted my 3 dwarf Alberta spruce trees to the West of the Butterfly Ginger bed. I hope they make it too. I got the roots transplanted into the bed and hoped for half of them to make it.

Butterfly Ginger Planted
June 10
With each passing few days a new shoot emerged.

Butterfly Ginger
June 30

Butterfly Ginger
July 15
I'm happy to say that all of the plants made it!

20180817_153524
August 17

Butterfly Ginger (100% made it)
Today
I am not sure if I will get any blooms before it gets cold and I am definitely going to transfer some of these guys into a deep pot to overwinter in the sunroom, but I am happy with the way things turned out with this unexpected project. #laboroflove

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!