02 May 2017

Getting Derby Ready

Derby Banner

The burgoo base is done and the banner is too.

Derby Banner

And we made some jockey silk decorations too...

Horseshoe Jockey Silks

That was nerve wracking drawing these out by hand, but I only had to do it once and Scott cut 3 shirts from the one. Then Aubri and I painted them. Those will add a pop of color for the race.

Painting Jockey Silks

And I was not happy with the English Ivy horse head so I went a different direction. I transplanted my Staghorn fern to the back of this planter because it needs to be with friends and I was tired of it hanging overhead in the kitchen.

Horse Head

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!