09 August 2016

July Recap - Part 2 (Speakeasy and Boca)

We also got some good eats while on vacation. Whether it was home with my mom, or at my brother-in-law's new restaurant, or at a cool speakeasy in Tampa. We were a bit spoiled.

I made shrimp and grits at my mom's house because someone put a bug in my ear about it...

Shrimp and Grits
Shrimp and Grits (and Nolita Pinot Grigio which was just eh)


Then one night, we left the kids with their lola and my sister and brother-in-law took us to Ciro's, a hidden little speakeasy where a password was required to gain entry.

Ciro's Speakeasy
Password Required
Once we got into the place and were seated into our very dark dining quarters, we went over the 
house rules and ordered drinks. The place was so dark that the menus lit up. How cool!

Lighted Menu @Ciro's Speakeasy
Cheese Fondue, por favor!
I can't remember the names of the two drinks I had but they were pretty stout (obvs). We also ordered Duck Fries and Black Truffle Popcorn to share....and then more food to share. Will have to try to make the duck fat fries and popcorn when things cool down this Autumn.

Delights at Ciro's Speakeasy
So good!
Scallops on a bed of Charred Jalapeno Corn Polenta, Haricot Vert, and Chili Oil.
Gruyere Cheese Fondue with wild mushroom and chives served with apples, pears, bread and potato. Oysters baked with Jumbo Lump crab, piquillo peppers and brandy.

That was a fun night out with just the adults!

Another night we went to Boca Brandon with the family. This is a cool restaurant that my brother-in-law manages.

Grow Wall #bocabrandon
Lettuce Wall

IMG_20160707_2018265.jpg
Too much going on here but so, so good!!!

Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Sweet Potato Gnocchi -Oyster mushrooms, butternut squash, broccolini sage cream, micro Parmesan

Let's just say that we weren't hurting for good food on this trip...like, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!