05 August 2012

Released

This weekend was packed with lots of family and friends. I'm so glad that's a recurring theme in our life.

Friday morning we were teased with the possibility of rain...it clouded up and cooled off and I could hear the thunder in the distance but...

Please Rain

it didn't quite happen for us....at least it was cool enough to rake up those Magnolia leaves and water plants and swing for a bit before tidying up the back yard.

Picking Up

We had a funeral to attend on Saturday (Scott's Mema) and it wasn't really a sad occasion. She'd been suffering recently and her husband (Papa) had died suddenly way back in 1993 ... she was ready to go. She was a strong woman of faith and it showed in the stories shared about her at her funeral. I've known her since 1995 but I really enjoyed hearing about her life before I came to know her. Wow...what an inspirational woman!

Getting Ready to Release the Balloons

Scott's cousin had a really neat idea for the grandkids and great grandkids to write down memories and kind thoughts on tags and tie them to balloons to be released after the funeral.

Released

Scott's balloon got caught up in the utility line pictured in the background there....wonder what Mema would think about that (or if the caught balloons were freed yet)....

Speaking of inspirational women, today we celebrated the birthday of another inspirational woman. The Little Ones' birth mom visited and we celebrated with her favorite salad and cake (I tried to replicate each as best as I could).

Cobb Salad
Cobb Salad


Gummy Bear Cake
Yellow Cake with Butter Cream Frosting...the gummy bears were Aubri's idea...


The weekend was full and seemed to zip by but I am so glad that we got to spend time with family and loved ones if only for a few moments...

FaceBook keeps us in touch but we can't hug online, can we?


2 comments:

  1. We got a touch of rain here the past few days with more promised and I mean a touch! Salad looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, we got a touch here too on Monday and it was glorious! I hope we all get more much needed rain soon!

      Delete

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!