12 August 2012

Imbue

[im-byoo] verb (used with object), im·bued, im·bu·ing.

1. to impregnate or inspire, as with feelings, opinions, etc.

2. to saturate or impregnate with moisture, color, etc.


Blank Canvas
My blank canvas
So I haven't done anything with that blank canvas that I hung up 3 months ago, but it has sparked conversation at every gathering we have at our house since that time. And it's a step ahead of where it was before (parked beside the piano).

I'd thought about doing a mixed media project- affixing mementos of places visited or favorite places or keepsakes and paint and sketches - and I'm still toying with that idea, but I'm thinking about making it a collaborative effort with family and friends. 

Scott's brother Randy put that idea in my head last night when he suggested we put markers or paint out near the canvas and let party attendees add their "thumbprint" as they pass by each time. What a neat idea! 

I like the idea of getting a unique piece of art made for me by loved ones...I can't  wait to see the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried telling her don't you smile?

    That has worked on Blake since he was a baby and he is 20 and can be mad as a wet hen or I just want him to smile and it works. I've started using it on my great nephew as well and it works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried reverse psych on with other things so maybe that would work. I should have tried that this morning when we took David and Emi to school but she was not happy about not going to school along with them. Poor baby girl!

      Delete

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!