07 March 2012

Missing My Sweet Sidekick

Taken on the day after I got back from California, right before I took him in to the vet.
His eyes were pleading me to help...it was heartbreaking to see him not wagging his tail... 

At the vet, he'd been wagging his tail and seemed hopeful. He was peacefully waiting for Mama to get him some help...

I miss him trying to get comfy in the doorway of my bathroom, pushing his body against the pocket door and sighing deeply...never mind that it was 2 am and yes, we were sleeping...

I miss him running full speed through the house to find me in the bedroom before he would even allow himself to eat a bite of his breakfast...he had to check on Mama first..

I miss how he'd enter the room snorting and sniffing and saunter over to me on the couch to paw me and let me know that he needed some affection...right... now...galdernit

I miss the way I could be editing a blog post and look up to see him staring at me with the loyalty and love that only a dog can have for his owner..then he'd give me a quick wink before coming over to me for some loving.

I miss the way he'd learned to be more vocal in the past 2 years in order to compete with the Little Ones' demand for attention...he'd found his voice and he wasn't afraid to use it...

I miss the way he come over to sniff my head when I was down on the floor stretching...

I miss how every time I got the cutting board out, Kirby would rouse from a sound nap and tap-tap-tap around begging for some veggies...

Kirby always wanted to be close to us, wherever we were...


Miss cuddling with you, Kirbs

No doubt he's being totally spoiled by my Nanny and PawPaw...they are probably spoon feeding him and petting him constantly... They probably told him to run to the light, boy! They finally have him and can give him the royal treatment he so deserved...


...I hope so...he was a good boy...

1 comment:

  1. I always believed that our loving companions have a home above thr clouds. I asked my grandma once when I younger if this were true, she said: Jesus is coming back on horses, he's got to get them from somewhere. Its always stuck with me & my grandma said it so it must be true!

    Im sorry for your loss. He was a great puppy..ill miss seeing him on visits.

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!