23 October 2011

This Old Kitchen

My kitchen is small. I don't know the exact dimensions but my dad has referred to it as a "butler's pantry" {thanks, Dad!}. I think it may be a bit bigger than a butler's pantry but not much. It works for our family and I don't complain about having a small kitchen but I do complain when people and pets get into my personal cooking space because it's not a place to hang out.

There are many things I love about my old kitchen:

Like my spice cabinet...
Spice Cabinet
Love my Spice Cabinet!
And my pull out cutting board...
My Old Pullout Chopping board
I use this for extra workspace and sometimes to cut stuff up...I usually put a portable cutting board on top...

And the place where I put my odd sized pans and racks...
Cookie Sheet Storage
I store my cookie sheets, cutting boards, baking stone and cooling racks in here...

And my old cabinets - we plan to keep these when we expand...

Gonna Make this Mobile
This cabinet/counter will become mobile someday when we expand the kitchen....

And there are some not so lovely things in my kitchen, but these things don't keep us from cooking up memories and meals:

The Seventies called and they want their counters back!

Lovely Counter
You could seriously go into a trance looking at these squigglies!

Overhead lighting:
Lighting That's Lacking
New light fixture(s) once that wall comes tumblin' down...
This cheapo light bothers me more without the cover, but it disintegrated when we removed it to change a light bulb a few years ago. It's been such a hassle trying to find a cover (lens?) that I think it'd be better to just change out the fixture later. For now, we get by and don't look straight up often...

The Triangle tries my patience some days...especially when there's a dog or kid loitering begging for treats...
Butler's Pantry?
It's a little cramped, I mean cozy.

I don't want anything fancy, just enough space for my gargantuan fridge and a portable bar/type thingie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!