23 June 2011

No Regrets

Yesterday in my in-box I got my Peaceful Daily daily tip and it was about living life before you lose your health, inspired by a woman involved in palliative (relieving without curing) care. She got to hear firsthand what the dying patients wished they done in their lives.

Here are the Top 5:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. I think I do this already for the most part. WYSIWYG

2. I wish I did not work so hard. I think I have a good balance between work and family, etc... but I do think there is always room for improvement in that area.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings. This is something I have been doing more and more over the years because I don't like wasted time harboring ill feelings or wondering what's up. Better to know sooner than later...and sometimes loved ones have NO CLUE that what they say or do bothers you so you might as well let them know (in a loving and respectful manner of course).

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. I work on this quite a bit finding lost friends and my FaceBook friend list shows it. I am still working on getting back into contact with a childhood friend whom I love and miss and I think someday soon we will be more than Christmas card buds again...I am hopeful.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier. This one hits home. I am always too busy being Martha when I need to work on being Mary. I have noticed that lately when I am thinking I should be planning or doing driving the kids around or heading to work, I feel more relaxed and in the moment, so there's hope for me yet. Also, some friends and I have started walk breaks at work and that makes me happy. Trying not to be so serious about chores and responsibilities at home (emphasis on trying) and spending quality time with my family and friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!