07 June 2011

Chick Check

This morning Emi and I were fasting for some blood work and we arrived at the lab early (7:30) thinking we'd get the blood drawn quickly, drop off the Little Ones and then proceed to a nice relaxing and filling break to our fast. Not so. Apparently 10 or so others were thinking the same thing and got to the lab before us (I bet they went to Ozzie's afterwards). We ended up waiting an hour and - truth be told - that was more painful than the actual blood drawing. The Little Ones got bored (and therefore went into "hobo" mode) and we were getting cranky because we missed breakfast and coffee....but we powered through it, got the necessary specimens drawn and after we dropped off the kiddos, we headed for Chick-Fil-A.

Bliss

 
We would have preferred Ozzie's but we didn't have the luxury of time to properly hang out and wait for breakfast. Chick-Fil-A is always good and it was nice spending time with my big little girl (who is almost 9!!!) one on one. This was her second blood draw and I am really proud that she was such a trooper this time. Last time was A Different Story. But this time she watched me get 3 vials drawn and then sat down and watched the phlebotomist draw 2 vials from her arm....wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!