17 May 2011

Feeling Nosty

Recently on FaceBook there's been a flurry of activity in the Lovelight Bakery and Sandwich Factory discussion group. The Lovelight was a wonderful health food restaurant on campus corner that I used to frequent while in college. Most of the discussion comes from people who used to work there but there are also pictures from a wedding held locally at the Duck Pond and lots of old news ads and RECIPES!! I am hoping that they work together to create a LoveLight cookbook but meanwhile I am gleaning some really tasty recipes from the discussions: Red Beans and Rice, Hungarian Mushroom Soup (NO SOUP for YOU!) and Walnut Chews!

I made the mushroom soup for my family on Sunday and it was just as good as I remember! Yum! I was going to make the Walnut Chews (and I will soon!) but I got distracted by a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bar recipe I found at Pioneer Woman.  Those were sooooo goooood and we had to take the remaining bars in to work to keep us from eating them all. 

I didn't get any pictures of the food but we had a fabulous time with the family eating lunch and hanging out having a lazy Sunday afternoon in the back yard...

I See You!Baby GirlNot Quite the Bean

1 comment:

  1. Cookies and cream cheesecake bars? Yeah, I think i would have forgotten about the walnut chews as well.

    Adorable family by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!