15 April 2011

Serenity Now

So, we used to have a black front door. It faces the South and would get very hot on sunny days. For a few years I envisioned our house with a red door, maybe crimson. I researched the meaning behind a red door and found in Feng Shui, it symbolizes the mouth of the home. Red is supposed to be welcoming to friends, money and success. After finally settling on a color, we decided to scrap red because everybody and their dog has a red door. I am so glad we did. It would have been a heat absorber too, I'm sure.

Blue Door


Blue represents water and abundance; trust, loyalty and stability.

Speaking of heat absorbers, the week old chicks (who require their heat lamp still) are very therapeutic and educational to watch. Sort of like watching a pile of ants, but these are bigger and peck at each others eyes on occasion. They are so cute and the pecking order has already changed.

Checking Each Other Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!