10 October 2010

On Being Domesticated...

This past week I have been cheffing it up a lot more than the weeks before and we have been richly rewarded. I just hope not in pounds!

Last week we had chicken and sausage gumbo (good old standby), corn chowder (this new recipe by The Pioneer Woman was way yummier than the Hip Chick's Macrobiotic corn chowdah we cooked originally 6 years ago and that was pretty darn good!)

We feasted on this Friday as well as the best fudge I've ever had! I saw a post on HEAB's blog about easy 2 ingredient fudge and while I am not a fudge person because it is usually so sweet that my tastebuds go numb after the first bite, Heather's recipe sounded yummy because it involves Coconut Milk and I am a huge fan of Anything Coconut! I melted a bag of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate chips and stirred in a can of unsweetened coconut milk and a dash of organic vanilla! I poured it into a glass dish greased with coconut oil and let it cool for a couple of hours. Then we dug in with the spoons. The fudge was not thick enough to cut into squares but it tasted so good by the spoonful. It tasted very similar to Michael Chiarello's chocolate fondue (which involves red wine!) It's not too sweet and I may try it on some oatmeal if it's around long enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!