10 January 2008

Identical Strangers

Just finished reading that book and I was so amazed! What a wonderfully written account of these twin girls being separated at birth as part of a psychological study of Nature vs. Nurture (officially) and inheritability of mental illness (unconfirmed). I came across this book on NPR's "Talk of the Nation" one day recently and immediately reserved the book at the library. Of course I already had have Blindness checked out but was having a hard time getting back into the book each time I put it down (but I haven't given up). Identical Strangers was so interesting and I found myself making time to read it. Reading about their struggles to find information on birth family strengthens my position on open adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!