28 December 2006

Cardinal Sign?


Last night Emi and I were surprised to see a female Northern Cardinal scratching and pecking on the playroom window. She was perched on the trumpet vine under the awning looking right at us.
Cardinal: brings colour to your life and reminds you that all you do is important, you are someone who brightens others lives! They can also symbolize "renewed vitality" (I could use that!) and of course cardinals are long beloved as a symbol of Christmas cheer...

Other animals we've spotted at our house in the past year: skunks, raccoons (came right up to the back door), possums (yuck!), bat ("Toes"), owls, fox, huge frogs and numerous birds....

For the past few months I've awakened to 2 Barred Owls talking to each other saying "Who-cooks-for-you, who-cooks-for-you-all?"  Typically one owl is close to our bedroom window and the other owl is in the neighbor's tree up very high. It's really neat to hear them talk, but I just wish it wasn't always between 3 and 4 am....maybe the cardinal was trying to escape the owls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!