11 May 2017

Refresher

One day last month when I got home from work, I went to make salad to go with our pasta dish (angel hair with alfredo sauce, tuna and peas) and I realized someone had eaten the rest of the grape tomatoes that I had planned to use for my Larry and Bob salad. The pasta dish was done and I had 3 cucumbers and no tomatoes so I needed a salad lifeline.

And so for the nth time, Deb saved me with an awesome recipe - this time for an obsessively good avocado-cucumber salad.

Obsessively Good Avocado-Cucumber Salad

I did make a couple of changes because that's how I seem to roll..

I didn't have seedless cucumbers, so I chunked up all of the regular cucumbers I had on hand. Also I didn't have scallions. I used 2 large avocados, mayo, juice of 2 limes, salt and Sriracha. I mixed chopped cilantro into the sauce too, vice garnishing with it. And I obviously tossed the salad vice drizzling the dressing provocatively, but I have no regrets!

Obsessively Good Avocado-Cucumber Salad
I could eat this every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!