26 February 2016

Dances and Dinners (February Recap, Part Un)

Wow! What a month! February is normally a busy month for us but this year there was even more to it!

The first event of the month was the Daddy-Daughter Dance that no one wanted to go to! Emi will be too old for the next one and I doubt I will ever again get Aubri to wear another dress so I had to nudge everyone into going. I think they had a good time.

Daddy Daughter Dance

While they were at the dance, David and I met two other mom friends (whose husbands were also at the dance) at the pub for snacks and mimosas with our sons.

021

Two days later, we had the Boy Scout Blue and Gold banquet... A few of us parents organized it and we ended up really enjoying the evening, even though it felt chaotic most of the time.

I got to pull out my catering equipment for the first time in a long while, and Scott fell inlove with my 50 cup coffee maker. I think it will be coming with us on camp trips now! Who knew I had such a hidden treasure down in the basement?

056

It was a camp themed banquet and the decorations were so cool. Loved being around the parents who made this happen and feeling their creative energy.

Place Settings

My Wolf Scout

And then there was Valentine's. We don't do much more than feast on chocolates, but Emi had a valentine this year, so she was stoked!

Valentines
Emi and her boyfriend (!)

Scott and I went to a Valentine Dinner and dance with my parents a week later. I was dead tired and it was a Friday night, but we went to the dinner and watched a dance or two, then beelined home for bed. (I know, we're old!)

OTW

The next night, after 2 basketball games and 3 hours of selling Girl Scout cookies in a booth at Walmart, we met some friends at Guernsey Park for dinner.  What a treat that was! Fried Brussels Sprouts, Banh Mi Board, Chicken Lollipops, 48 Hour Short Rib, Seared Beef Ceviche and Gojasu Sushi Roll. My Lychee Martini was pretty good too.

Guernsey Park

After dinner, we made our way to the Civic Center to see the musical Avenue Q. That was too funny - muppets who cuss and have sex.  This is the official description:

AVENUE Q is a laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named PRINCETON who moves into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q. There, he meets KATE (the girl next door), ROD (the Republican), TREKKIE (the internet sexpert), LUCY THE SLUT (need we say more?), and other colorful types who help PRINCETON finally discover his purpose in life!

That was such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!