All three kiddos had games on Saturday, but I got a reprieve from attending the games so I could take care of some projects around the house. Using up, purging, cleaning, recycling...
Some of the things I got to today:
- Laundered the down alternative comforter that was "Dry Clean Only" Nice try Calvin Klein!
- Boiled 18 eggs for snacks
- Used up the rest of the smoked salmon for fish dip for snacking.
- Reorganized the pantry which involved:
- Moving cook books to the dead cabinet space above the fridge,
- tossing redundant swiffers/mops and repairing the good one,
- editing down the candy jar from a 2 gallon jar to half gallon jar
- cleaning and reorganizing the other 3 jars (flour, grains and beans)
- Cleaned off the top of the fridge!
- Made these cookies to use up spelt flour, walnuts and currants before they go bad. I subbed honey for maple syrup, spelt flour for kamut and currants for raisins. They were good!
- Mopped all of the hardwood floors.
- Consolidated tissue paper and gift bags in the basement. Yes, I am one of those people who recycles gift materials.
- Moving empty hangers from my closet to the basement and finding items to donate in the process.
I made a serious dent in the first purge of 2016 but I still have lots more to do.