29 July 2015

Celebrating Independence - Riverview Style

I know it's taking me a long time to blog about our vacation but we have been submerged back into (under?) our home/work/kid life again.  So, anyway, back to recapping...



Originally we were going to be heading back to Oklahoma on the 4th, then we decided to leave the next morning and hit the beach to celebrate Independence Day with family that we hadn't seen in a very long time. We mapped out the day to maximize the fun and then our beach fireworks didn't sound like a great idea after all.  We would have had to get there uber early to secure a spot, then leave immediately after fireworks when traffic would be jamming up the roadways for a 2 hour ride home. With 3 potentially (likely) cranky kids. No thanks!

But I wanted to see my cousin and her mom and trip down memory lane a bit at her riverfront place.

1195
Beautiful Flower on Cheryl's Dock
The dock is not like I remembered as a child, or even when I was back for a visit in college. I recall a rope swing and moss. This is much more like it! I could totally hang out here for days.

1196

This view was familiar. The brackish water was clear(ish) and we could catch crabs and fish.

1197

1198

1199
My sister and Cheryl reuniting...

1200

1203

1204

1211

Untitled
Cotton

1214

1216

1221 copy
It's okay now guys....

1226
#becauseVincent

1230
Loved hanging here all day....

1231
The only gator we saw on this river....

1235

The kids canoed in the river for a while. (I wish I lived so close to water!)

1238

1246

This place was made for relaxing and talking and I absolutely loved it. Cheryl knew me when I was a dirty little country girl and it was so cool to talk about what she remembered about my childhood. We talked for hours!

1248
Someone's getting a version of the Stink Eye and some What For (at least that's what it looks like)

The kids seemed to do alright entertaining themselves too.

1251
Would love to do this every day!!!

1264

1273
River Clam?

1278
Barnacles

1284
The kids found some tiny crabs.

1286

1294
Peacock Swing Chair and Mr. Pibb? Yes, please!

1296
Loved it!
Brought to you by Yuengling
My shiny, happy self loved spending this day with family on the river.


There were fireworks on the river, a spectacular show, and I am so glad my kids have these memories of Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!