1. What has been your most favorite vacation to date?
I would say it was the road trip to California to visit my Little Ones' birth grandparents. It was a bit painful to drive cross country and back with a car full of kids and gear, and the summer prior driving to the other coast to visit my mom was really cool too, but we totally loved the adventure and newness of the trip to Cali. The south has better beaches, beignets, boudin and Cuban sandwiches, and my mom of course, but the California trip had more meaningful new experiences and opportunities to cross things off my Living List.
2. Do you prefer big city life, suburban life, or a life in the country?
I prefer healthy personal space so country life for this Stress Monkey. I like what big cities have to offer, but I'd hate to be trapped living in a big city. I'm good with just visiting. Truth be told, I think I belong on a coconut plantation near the ocean.
3. What is your favorite type/genre of food?
I have to say "Asian" although you know me well enough to know that I love all types of food. And I may be genetically obligated to say "Asian" though, huh? Not necessarily Filipino food although I do LOVE flip food, but I salivate thinking of Thai food. I am making a chicken stir fry as soon as I finish this survey, in fact. But a close second is Mediterranean food.
4. How would you typically dress yourself for a weekend night out?
Let's see. Weekend night out. I don't get out much but when I do, I am super casual. Last time I went out I was wearing longer baggy jean cutoffs, a plain white pocket tee and my strappy Ugg wedges. If it had been cooler, I'd probably have swapped out the cutoffs for broken in khakis (Gap has some really comfy ones) or my dark wash mom jeans.
5. Do you like to wear accessories? If yes, what are your go-to accessories?
Yes. I have some silver ball earrings that I wear all of the time, but my go-to accessories are a cheap shiny necklace and earring set I got at Dillards a couple of years ago for a Casino Royale fundraiser and an even cheaper set I got at a boutique in Medicine Park. Sometimes, I wear Emi's turquoise earring and necklace set too.
6. How do you typically fix your hair? (Blow dry and straighten/curl? Air dry? Wash and go?)
I put some gel and Shine Shake (smells so yummy) in my hair and blow dry the roots a little if I have time, then I air dry. I don't straighten or curl but I do try to scrunch my hair as it's drying because I love messy natural hair. I don't color or process my hair. Not that I'm against it but I am happy with my natural color (not necessarily the texture though). Also, I can't keep up with hair maintenance...
7. What make up do you wear on a daily basis? Do you have a preferred brand of cosmetics?
I have very sensitive oily skin that will break out with almost all products. Good times!!
My daily products include:
- Moisturizers: SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense or Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel
- Foundations/Powders/Blush: Bare Minerals powder foundation &"Lovely" blush & sometimes the bronzer; Clinique's 'even better' makeup
- Lips: yummy lip balm from my dentist and NARS Pigalle lipstick
- Eyes: Bare Minerals "Hottie" or "Intuition" shadow, Korres Obsidian Black mascara
- Nighttime Moisture: Andalou Naturals Purple Carrot +C Luminous Night Cream (from Natural Grocers)
8. What is your preferred workout? (Gym? Outdoor running? Yoga? Group classes? None? Etc...?)
I prefer yoga and walking but most days I don't get a chance to get in a real workout. I also prefer to exercise alone or with Scott in the privacy of our home. We have a variety of videos with the Thirty Day Shred being a favorite. I want to get back into running again too. I get the occasional yardworkout in and that must count for something. I loved my yoga and zumba classes at work (when I worked with the NWS) but not at the gym. I also have a rebounder that I like to jump on to 80's music in the basement...it's covered with clothes at the moment though...
9. Where is your favorite place to shop online?
Lately it seems to be Gap.com. Work clothes shopping...
10. Do you enjoy entertaining guests in your home or would you prefer to be a guest and leave the hostessing to someone else?
I totally enjoy entertaining guests in my home (or backyard) and I also love to help others who are hosting a party.
11. What quality do you really value in your significant other?
The thing I value most in Scott is his patience but a very close second is his sense of humor.
Now I'm tagging the 4 people to answer 4 questions.
What say you Jackie, Melissa, Kim, and Carla?
1. Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what instrument?
2. What is the last thing you cooked that you loved?
3. What is your favorite (alcoholic or no) beverage and why?
4. Is there anything new you plan to do or tackle this summer?
Be sure to comment if you participate so we can share answers.