23 June 2013

Outdoorsy

We took a long weekend to the cabin again and this time it was a little more relaxing because we didn't take our kids.

023

We had a couple of projects to take care of, but most of the time was spent getting away from it all.

079



Except for the critters....we always had some sort of wildlife company.

010

087-copy

But we were brave and tackled the garden. We transferred some mint, wild bergamot, bee balm and an unidentified plant from my flower bed into my friend's flower bed. We also planted a Passion Flower vine. I hope most - if not all - of the plants survive and thrive because they were the lowest maintenance plants in my yard. And this poor bed needs some lovely plants to welcome friends and family.

016

We went to Blue Hole again and watched the kids swim, watched the perch and listened to the stream.

Tranquility

Back at the cabin we were hardly ever without food or drink.

090
Two Buck Chuck paired with Brauschweiger and Crackers

106
Yummy Catfish

123
Country Breakfast (Delish!)

081
Gracie flirted with Chunk but didn't get too obnoxious this time (she's pretty shameless when it comes to cute boys)

044
Filet-O-Fish
We got to practice shooting the guns again. Can you see the target there in the distance?

153
Target Practice
Here it is up close.

169

Cool Target

Scott was shooting at a different target and I wish I'd gotten a picture of it before it exploded.  It was a small explosion and I was worried that he hit something he shouldn't have... but it was a joke the kids and their dad played on him.

164
Not Much Left


Just like last time I was eaten alive by the pesky ants/mosquitoes/spiders/chiggers/gnats/etc even though I took precautions, but I still look forward to the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!