14 June 2011

Labs

I am happy to report that mine and Emi's bloodwork all came back normal. Well, Emi's Alkaline Phosphatase and ALP were elevated but her pediatrician said that with growing kids and puberty that is normal.

Children normally have much higher ALP than adults because rapid bone growth is normal in children and bones make ALP.

"Rapid bone growth" is an UNDERstatement for my girlie. She grew upwards of 6 inches from April 2010 to April 2011. Yipes! She is almost as tall as me now! While we are pleased to hear there are no signs of diabetes, we are still working on making better decisions w.r.t. food and exercise when we're away from home. Aren't we, Emi? Love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!