08 October 2008

Spoke Too Soon...

Today we got a call from Emi at school asking to be picked up to change because she had been exposed to "itching powder" on her lunch break.Turns out she and some friends were playing with the seed balls from a Sweet Gum Tree on the playground...they grind up the balls and refer to the resultant dust as "itching powder". I talked to the lady in the office and we determined that this was not a real emergency (no rash) and that Emi would probably be fine going back to class. Daddy called herback at the school to reinforce that we both thought she could deal with her "itching".

A couple of hours later I got a call from her teacher letting me know that Emi howled at the top of her lungs for 30-35 minutes and pinched the principal when he took her to the office. This after she was given a fresh shirt. Her teacher was shocked (as were we) and she said that Emi was fine now (until she gets home that is!)...she just wanted to let me know about the situation. So when I picked her up from school, she was fine. I inspected her for any irritation or rash and found nothing at all.

She wrote an apology note to her teacher and agreed to apologize to her principal in person the next day for pinching. No TV or games this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!