10 February 2006

Maybe I'm Amazed

This morning Emi and I took Mickey and her mom to the airport and said our "goodbyes". It was a very difficult thing to do, but we never tried to talk her out of her decision. We never wanted to cause any pain for her and I think she understood that. We had a nice time with her and the baby here this week and she seemed to take to caring for the baby with ease. We had some really nice talks and last night she let the baby sleep in our bed with us. Both girls slept in between us. McCartney had some really sweet smiles for us on this last day.

Emi and I went to the Waffle House after we left the airport to have some quality time with just us. She seemed happy to have me to herself again. She asked me if I was sad and I told her I was....that I missed the baby. On the way home we were stopped at a redlight and "Maybe I'm Amazed" (Paul McCartney) came on the radio. It really hit home....

Tonight when I asked Emi if she missed the baby, she said "no". She then said "I miss no one." and a few seconds later said "I miss mommy and daddy". We are so thankful for our precious Emi. I can't imagine going through this without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!