17 September 2005

Surreality...

That's what I have been experiencing this past few weeks. It's so unlike me not to post such a big event on my website, but it's been crazy how covered up I am with house-buying and -selling activities - I can't recall the day when it all started; when we decided to sell our home and drove around the neighborhood we wanted to live in and spotted the house we are now buying. I really think some screaming is in order.

We looked at the new house 4 times before deciding to put in an offer and within a few days we had a contract with the sellers. Since then, it's been an emotional/physical roller coaster. We've had so many visitors inspecting and repairing our home and also inspecting the new home. I can't believe how much I've learned about the whole process - they really ought to have a class in high school detailing the jobs included with home maintenence and buying/selling a home.

It's definitely information overload for this information junkie and I am ready for the fun to start with a new beginning in a new home. Right now I am just exhausted from the physical work and running around and the mental challenges of negotiating and re-negotiating, etc. Maybe after sufficient sleep I can reflect on the past month and document what has happened so I'm more likely to retain any nuggets of wisdom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear back from my readership (all 2 of you) so please don't be afraid to say "hi" or comment!